Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What Did I Miss?

I am still processing the debate. Why? It was boring. Normally, I am riveted by this kind of thing, but the debate was worse than a lecture on the origins of sand. Maybe it was just me, but I really do not understand how such serious issues were made to seem so dull. Neither candidate spoke with pizazz. In fact, I was imagining the possible Saturday Night Live skits that could result for a solid 8 minutes. The debate was so boring, that while day dreaming, I was able to simultaneously write down all of the major points. That is why I am not posting anything big tonight. I am letting the debate really sink in, while desperately looking for some jumping off point from which I can formulate coherent new ideas. But then again, if the presidential candidates don't have to, why should I?

1 comment:

Kate said...

AGREED. It was a snorefest. Brokaw did a terrible job choosing questions. First of all, he picked boring ones, and second of all, they were all questions that had been answered in the first debate. Politico.com said this was the worst, most boring debate in history.