Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grandpa For President

This year, many young people are getting seriously involved in the Democratic campaign. Young Hollywood, college students, and high school supporters alike are showing strong support for the historic Democratic nominee, and I am glad to see the interest from the "future" of this country. BUT: why is it that the support from young America only for the Democratic nom.? The polls misrepresent the opinions of young Americans and don't really seem to give any nod to the conservative opinions of young Americans. I believe that part of the major reason that young people support Barack Obama is his age. Obama's young attitude, Hawaiian background, and over use of the terms "hope" and "change" give false hope to the uninformed Americans that want to see different choices on the ticket, but don't really seem to know what really matters in a candidate. Part of the problem with McCain (for many young voters, that is) is his old age. But honestly, why does his age and experience put off young voters? Shouldn't young Americans want the experience and knowledge of an older, more father-like candidate? I certainly don't want to elect a candidate that I feel is MY contemporary, but then again, I'm only 16. I don' t think anybody wants to see that. So if I could vote, I would say grandpa for President, all the way. Grandpa McCain has my support for several reasons: one, he has served his country in the military and in Congress for almost more than three times my life. I don't know and can't know everything that McCain knows, but I trust that his experience has properly prepared him for the most important job in America. Two, McCain has picked the perfect Vice Presidential choice, Governor Sarah Palin. That woman has inspired myself and others, and given ACTUAL hope to this nation, Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike. McCain makes me looks long and hard at the issues presented to the country today, and instills a sense of trust, similar to that of a grandfather. As far as I'm concerned, Grandpa McCain has got it going on. 

No comments: